Best Cruises for Charleston
Situated at South Carolina's Atlantic coast, Charleston colonial port is the oldest city in America. It's also the most beautiful. Originally, the sea port of Charleston was a major center for slave trade. Today, Charleston is full of narrow cobblestoned streets, a rich turbulent history, colonial architecture and ornate old gardens.
Charleston city is located on peninsula where two rivers namely Ashley and Cooper converge. Charleston was South Carolina's first British settlement. The neighboring Low Country also displays a rich and fertile land, producing lumber, cotton, rice and indigo. The famous planter and merchant families rising from this wealth made Charleston a center of power, culture and wealth.
The city's heritage is well maintained and long valued. As a result, history is on display as you walk the cobblestoned streets. Charleston Harbor was where the first shots in the tragic Civil War were fired.
Because of its location along the eastern seaboard, Charleston cruise port is both a cruise departure port and a port of call. Whether departing or stopping at Charleston, you'll book cruise deals at very reasonable prices. Cruises from Charleston also comprise itineraries to numerous tropical destinations such as the Bahamas and the Caribbean.
Cruises out of Charleston sc are perfect choice for foodies and lovers of American history. Relish the best feel of the old South on Carnival cruise from Charleston. The city of Charleston is historical with 18th- and 19th-century buildings and widespread plantations. You can also enjoy the city sightings from the comfort of a horse-drawn carriage. In addition, dozens of wonderful restaurants and the remarkable Lowcountry cuisine make Charleston a favorite southern foodie destination. Enjoy a breezy waterfront and a warm southern hospitality with cruises from Charleston sc.
Attractions in Charleston
Charleston SC is a perfect destination to visit on your cruise vacation. Some of the attractions include:
- Step back in time by visiting Fort Sumter - A place where the first clash between the Union armies and Confederate took place during the Civil War.
- For animal lovers - Tour the South Carolina Aquarium with a huge Great Ocean Tank home to more than 300 animals.
- Tour the Isle of Folly Beach Palms
- Battery Park - A public park that was used for artillery during the American Civil War. Today, the park is popular for its stately antebellum homes and White Point Gardens.
- U.S. Naval and Maritime History - Charleston is home to Patriot's Point, the USS Yorktown and submarine Clamagore.
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - The Old Exchange is one of the most important colonial buildings in United States. Underneath it lies the Provost Dungeon, used by the British to detain their prisoners.
- Fort Sumter - this coastal fortification is most popular as the site where the American Civil War began, where first shots were fired.
- Nathaniel Russell House- This Neoclassical house was built in 1808 by a wealthy merchant. It was later sold to the state in 1955. Nowadays, its a National Historic Landmark that serves as a museum.
Cruises from Charleston offer great selection to get away on a cruise vacation. It's a great option for many people residing in South Carolina, Georgia and North Carolina. Charleston Cruises range from 3 to 5 days. It also includes cruises to the Caribbean, the Bahamas. You can also enjoy eastern US River and coastal cruises stopping over in Philipsburg. The main destination of cruises from Charleston sc is East Coast & Canada, River Cruises, and Southern Europe.
The biggest cruise lines offering Charleston Cruises includes:
Carnival Cruise from Charleston sc almost always departs from Charleston. In fact, departure point is the Port of Charleston which is part of the city's historical district. You'll find numerous shops, restaurants and hotels within walking distance. While the place provides convenience for travelers, it also presents several pre- and post-cruise vacation options.
Charleston city is characterized by 18th century architecture and provides a selection of arts, dining, and cultural attractions. Further from the city's downtown are golf courses, historical plantations for tours, beaches for relaxing and exploring.
8 Night Se Coast & Perfect Day Cruise
Ports: Baltimore; Nassau, Bahamas; Charleston; Baltimore
8 Night Se Coast & Perfect Day Holiday
Ports: Baltimore; Charleston; Nassau, Bahamas; Baltimore